We are pleased that your child is planning to participate in an interscholastic sport. We hope that student participation will provide them with a very positive and rewarding experience.
Policy and Procedure
- 1. All participants in sports, will be assessed a one-time annual fee of $125 due before the first regular season practice. This one-time payment per year covers all sports, for the entire school year. A maximum family fee of $250 will be assessed regardless of the number of children attending the district schools.
- 2. The Athletic Participation Fee is non-refundable. Any participant who leaves a team voluntarily or who is dropped for disciplinary or scholastic deficiencies is not eligible for a refund.
- 3. If a student is not selected for a sport prior to the first interscholastic game, the Athletic Participation Fee will be refunded if it is the only sport in which the student plans to participate during the school year. The parent must request a refund, in writing, to the Vice Principal of Athletics immediately.
- 4. Payments are to be made during the online registration or by check or money order payable to the Eastern Regional School District. Students who are eligible for the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Program are entitled to a waiver of this fee upon request, in writing, to the Vice Principal of Athletics. There are no provisions for reduced fees. Fees are due prior to participating in a practice session.
- 5. Parents and students should understand that this fee simply entitles the participant to a place in the activity. It does not guarantee participation time in games nor does it ensure specific positions on a team. Those decisions will remain with the coaches. Fees collected in this manner are designed to help partially defray the operational cost of offering the programs.
- 6. Any checks returned for Non-Sufficient Funds will be assessed a $15.00 service charge.