Policy and Procedure
- All participants in sports, will be assessed a one-time annual fee of $125 due before the first regular season practice. This one-time payment per year covers all sports, for the entire school year. A maximum family fee of $250 will be assessed regardless of the number of children attending the district schools.
- The Athletic Participation Fee is non-refundable. Any participant who leaves a team voluntarily or who is dropped for disciplinary or scholastic deficiencies is not eligible for a refund.
- If a student is not selected for a sport prior to the first interscholastic game, the Athletic Participation Fee will be refunded if it is the only sport in which the student plans to participate during the school year. The parent must request a refund, in writing, to the Vice Principal of Athletics immediately.
- Payments are to be made during the online registration or by check or money order payable to the Eastern Regional School District. Students who are eligible for the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Program are entitled to a waiver of this fee upon request through completion of the Athletic Participation Fee Waiver form, and returned to the Vice Principal of Athletics. There are no provisions for reduced fees. Fees are due prior to participating in a practice session.
- Parents and students should understand that this fee simply entitles the participant to a place in the activity. It does not guarantee participation time in games nor does it ensure specific positions on a team. Those decisions will remain with the coaches. Fees collected in this manner are designed to help partially defray the operational cost of offering the programs.
- Any checks returned for Non-Sufficient Funds will be assessed a $15.00 service charge.
Athletic Participation Fee Form (Check or Money Order)
- This form is only needed when paying the Athletic Participation fee by ether check or money order in the Athletic Office. Cash and credit/debit card are not accepted forms of payment in the Athletic Office. The Athletic Particpation can be paid online on Family ID during the registration process by credit or debit card.
Athletic Participation Fee Waiver form (Free or Reduced Lunch eligible students only)
- This form is only needed for those who are eligible for the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Program, and wish to waive the Athletic Participaton fee.