The Board of Education recognizes child and adolescent obesity has reached epidemic levels in the United States and that poor diet combined with the lack of physical activity negatively impacts on pupils’ health and their ability and motivation to learn.
The Board is committed to:
- providing pupils with healthy and nutritious foods
- encouraging the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, low fat milk, and whole grains
- supporting healthy eating through nutrition education
- encouraging pupils to select and consume all components of the school meal
- providing pupils with the opportunity to engage in daily physical activity